Skilled work category or skilled trade criteria for the federal skilled trade program is undertaken in following areas:
- Category group 72 for industrial, construction and electrical trades.
- Category group 73 for equipment operation and maintenance trade.
- Category group 82 for technical and supervision jobs, in natural resources, production and agriculture.
- Category group 92 for manufacturing, processing and utility supervisors and control operators.
- Category group 632 for cooks and chefs.
- Category group 633 for bakers and butchers.